Macplus® Cold-Finished Bars
Gerdau produces Macplus® cold-finished bars at all four manufacturing facilities in North America. Macplus® bars are turned and polished to provide a uniform defect-free, decarb-free, and scale-free, bright surface with tight size tolerances and concentricity that can improve machinability up to 30%. MACPLUS® bars are available in all carbon and alloy grades and can also be metallurgically tailored to suit our customer's particular requirements.
- Diameter from 7/8” to 5”
- Lengths ranging from 10’ to 32’
- Carbon and alloy ASTM grades and customized SBQ chemistries, including bearing and aircraft quality
- Full range of in-house heat treating capabilities, including spheroidizing, normalizing, stress relieving, annealing, quench and tempering, and any customized heat treat cycles
- In-house automatic straightening, surface and ultrasonic internal inspection
- Automatic end chamfering available