Quench and Tempered Bars
Gerdau's quench and tempered bars are produced through an advanced induction heat treating and proprietary quench process that treats each bar individually. The process adds strength and improves resistance to impact and abrasion. Gerdau's quench and tempered bars and tubes enable customers to machine distortion-free parts, eliminate production processes, such as stress relieving or straightening, and save money. Quench and tempering can be done to all heat treatable grades of carbon, alloy, and stainless steel.
- Diameter from 7/8” to 4 ½”
- Lengths ranging from 12’ to 32’
- Carbon and alloy ASTM grades and customized SBQ chemistries, including bearing and aircraft quality
- In addition to quench and tempering, we offer a full range of in-house heat treating capabilities, including spheroidizing, normalizing, stress relieving, annealing, and any customized heat treat cycles.
- In-house automatic straightening, surface and ultrasonic internal inspection
- Available capability to quench and temper tubes ranging from ¾” to 6” OD and lengths from 12' to 60'
- Available capability to quench and temper hex bars